Friday 29 October 2010

Half term trip

Had a lovely trip out yesterday to Groombridge Place.

I thought the kids would like it as they have an "Enchanted Forest", but they key reason was that just over 7 years ago it's where I got married.




It was such a strange feeling going down the drive, I got goosebumps thinking how nervous I was last time I was there.

If it looks familiar, it was the home to the Bennett's in Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 Keira Knightley version).

The formal gardens are lovely..


But we didn't get to stay long there though as the kids were keen to explore the rest of the grounds...

Lots of stuff for them to do, plus a bird of prey demonstration, and a few other creatures..


It's a zedonk by the way - a donkey/ zebra cross.

All set in gorgeous woodland


Definitely worth checking out if you're in the Kent area.

So this is the kind of thing I've been doing this week instead of making jewellery... I'm itching to get stuff made. Hopefully I'll get some time over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts with Thumbnails" style="border: 0" />