I feel the need to do a little round up of April.
What a month!
In the past thirty days I have:
- listed an item a day on my etsy shop
- listed an item a day on my folksy shop
- had a table at a craft fair
- attended a weekend long course in fingerprint and image jewellery
- become a registered childminder
- got a childminding portfolio, and legal documents together and taken on my first 2 mindees
- spent a weekend trying to find a way for my Volcano stranded dad to get home from Spain
- and entertained both kids for the first 3 weeks while my 5yo enjoyed the super long easter holidays from school
At the end of March I somewhat foolishly started a thread on Etsy and folksy to ask if anyone fancied joining me in listing an item a day. Bit of an impulse thread start to be honest, and I didn't expect more than 1 or 2 maybes that would drift away, but the listing clubs were formed. And what a lovely bunch of people I met.
The listing an item a day may not seem like that much effort to the uninitiated, but believe me it was a slog by the end of the month. Making the piece is the easy bit (or at least the most fun), then after doing a sun dance in the garden (which incidentally seemed to pay off most days - phew) there are the photos to prepare, take, edit, resize, the tags to identify, the wording to write. I think I, and the others who joined me in my little challenge, deserve a medal - though to be fair, I'd be happy with a few more sales, and that is just what I got.
But I'm jumping ahead of myself. I'm going to see if I can figure out whether it has helped me and the others, and will blog about the results of the listing club for both etsy and folksy very soon.....