Monday 29 March 2010

Listing Club

I've started a little club - I'd thought it was going to be just a very small group, but its grown to a size where I'm sure we need a special handshake and possibly membership cards.


(Bird Gang by Petit and Cute Design)

I put a call out on the forums of Folksy and Etsy, where I run my shops, to see if anyone would care to join me in my challenge to list a new item every single day throughout April. I keep hearing that this kind of frequent and regular listing is a great way to really boost your presence in these big online marketplaces (and obviously would boost the number of items I have in the shop which can only be a good thing too).

It seems like there are lots of others who also wanted to get their act together and needed a little push too - which is great - nothing like a little peer pressure to help get you moving.

So the plan is that each day in April we'll be logging into the forum to show what we've listed, those of us who blog will be running posts and features using fellow listing club members goodies. And on twitter we'll be using the tag #listingclub, or #folksylistingclub to find each others' items and retweet. I'll give you a round up each week on the blog of how it's all going.


Two days to go and I've got about 10 items made, and took some pictures over the weekend. I'm thinking it's going to be hard work to get the rest of it sorted - thats five new items a week to make, photograph and list - what have I let myself in for...... wish me luck!

Leave a comment below if you're going to be involved!!

15 comments:

  1. i'm totally in, sounds like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! I've got about 4 things made and ready to list, and 4 things half made, will be doing the finishing touches to those and get those ready in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All set and ready to go, I hope! I popped it in my blog to say I would be doing this, so no backing out now.

    I don't have twitter, so it will only be my blog and the Forum that I can let you know what I'm doing, - sorry, 'technologically' challenged.

    Good luck everyone in the April Listing Club - we're all Folksy Foolers!

    Best wishes, Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have anything prepared so will have to get making, but am definitely in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to do my best :) I will not be able to log on over the Easter weekend but I have a cunning plan to overcome that! Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've put an update on my Facebook page so theres no gettin outa it!
    I've got 6 items ready to photograph then after that I'll have steam coming out of my finger tips.

    Good Luck to all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait...I got a bunch of pieces made this weekend so now I just need to photograph them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in too and could well be writing an article about it for Indiesmiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there! I'm in on this too, I've popped it on my blog http://kittynoirsmagpiemoments.blogspot.com/

    Can't wait to start, though I only have 3 things made. Eeek, hope I'm going to keep up!

    Good luck guys

    Love Kitty xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jumping in with both feet on this one and perhaps don't know what I'm in for, but it sounds terrific! I'll definitely try this challenge and give it my all. All the BEST to everyone who also is excited to participate. Thank you so much RedBird! :-)
    ~ Ux

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck all of you. You have to let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! I'm sure you will manage this challange :-)

    I will give this a little miss for now, as my studio and house are not fit for art making at the moment. Maybe next time.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks cattoo - next time....hmm lets see. and thanks for the luck crystals - think we'll need it.

    Good luck guys - we have 1 more day to get ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I know its April but could I join please, please!!! I only started my etsy shop yesterday and posted on my blog about it - then today I found you!! I listed a few things yestrday so I am up to date! xx

    Let me know if I am 'IN' xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course Annie - join in the fun - look out for the daily thread on folksy! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts with Thumbnails" style="border: 0" />