Sunday 5 January 2014

Hello 2014!

Happy New Year

 


2013 was an incredible year for my business, and I thank you all so, so much for your support. It means the world to me, and enables me to work from home, doing a job I love, and be around for my kids whilst they're small (ish). Who could ask for more?

I know it's a little late but I never feel the New Year starts properly until the kids go back to school (which is tomorrow!).

Apart from anything else, in January I try (really hard... honest) to give up the booze Sunday to Thursday. And there's no way I'm prepared to do that until the kids are back at school! So all my other resolutions have to wait too.

Christmas was a little soggy around here.... luckily our house didn't flood, but our village was all over the news, and lots of friends had a Christmas which didn't go exactly to plan. Some are going to be out of their homes for the foreseeable future and our hearts go out to them.

This was bridge at the bottom of my road on Christmas Eve morning....


By Christmas Day, the water had subsided and the roads were passable again.

And an aerial view, courtesy of Sky News.


I hope you lovely lot got away unscathed?

But that's all behind us now (fingers and toes firmly crossed as the rain continues to pelt down against the window). And I'm excited to find out what 2014 is going to bring.

My resolutions for the New Year are...

  1. To practice on the piano for at least 15 minutes a day.
    I started lessons with the kids in September, having never played before, and always wanting to give it a go. I'm absolutely loving it, and it's got to be doing my brain some good from the way it hurts after each lesson.
  2. The booze thing (see above!) 
Business wise my plans are to..
  1. Finally crack my birthstone range....which I've slowly been adding to, but just need to bloomin' well get sorted. Especially the stacking rings, which will be lovely for a mum to have in the birthstone of her children.
  2. Get around to putting my sterling silver initial jewellery in the shop. Can't wait to show you this!!!
  3. Find some other suitable stockists to get my wares out and about a bit more. If you know of any lovely shops which like to stock handmade goodies, please let me know. 
I'd love to hear about your plans, or resolutions for the year ahead. 

In the meantime I'll leave you with one of my best sellers from last year, these oxidised opal studs....(just because I gave a pair to myself as a Christmas treat!)







5 comments:

  1. Oh my word, the flooding must have been dreadful for those whose homes have been affected. I can't imagine it. The opal looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little earrings look great, the flooding looks terrible :( I'm glad you managed to avoid it. Hope you have a successful 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, and so many people were without power as well! But I keep thinking I'm pleased the temperature is so warm, or else all that rain could have been 8 foot of snow!

    Thank you so much re the earrings. One of my big hits of 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why your opal studs have been a best seller - they are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.
    Designer Jewellery in Canada

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts with Thumbnails" style="border: 0" />