Tuesday 3 May 2011

Flouncy flowers

Love, love, love what's popping up in our new garden this spring....




Flouncy, flamboyant peonies, bright and gorgeous - and lots of 'em.

We've had a few wierd and wonderful visitors too, like this lovely red-legged partridge (apparently) which keeps popping by. They seem really tame - happy to wander around the garden while the girls play around them, very very noisily.

And of course our tennants...
I can't see any tadpoles in the pond anymore, so I hope some survived. Hopefully they're just hiding under the lily-pads waiting for their legs to grow.

I can't wait to see what else pops up...

How's your garden doing, have you had any unusual visitors in your garden this spring?

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love peonies. Just so beautiful. How lovely to be in a new garden watching and waiting for new things to bloom. Sadly my garden resembles the Sahara at the moment and is in need of a good drink. I have lots of flower waiting to bloom on my hydrangeas, which thankfully are in pots and aren't so thirsty! Enjoy your garden delights. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I'm waiting for my peonies to open - a few days yet and hopefully the wind will not flatten them all which tends to happen. It is a nice time of year when everything is racing away and producing flowers. The only visitors we get are woodland birds, foxes and squirrels, of which one is white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Caroline, I know, isn't it wierd to have parched ground in April. It just feels wrong (though I'm not complaining - obviously!)I love hydrangea, I've not spotted any of those in the new garden, but I've promised not to buy anything new until at least next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissy, a white squirrel - would love to see a pic of that! We haven't spotted any foxes yet, but they've definitely been in, they've chewed up Chloe's favourite skipping rope and the kids football. But at least it's taught them to bring their toys in now!
    Good luck with the peonies!!

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts with Thumbnails" style="border: 0" />