Saturday 22 June 2013

Midsummer you say...

.. could've bloomin well fooled me!

(from Crash Taylor Photographer)

It certainly doesn't feel like it weather-wise, as I write is pouring down and blowing a gale outside. But I must admit I am feeling that mix of panic and excitement about the impending summer holidays, which happens this time each year.

The girls could certainly do with some time off school (why do they get SO tired?) and I have a huge amount of stuff I want to get done over the holidays. Sorting and clearing out toys, the girls clothes, all that stuff that I would probably get done a lot quicker without the help of two unwilling assistants; but lets face it, when they're not around I'd much prefer to be making jewellery!


I truly love spending time with my kiddos, and it will also be very nice not to dash out on the school run every day. But, (and this is a big, huge BUT) the mild panic happens when I try to figure out when I'll be able to work on my jewellery. In the summer holidays the sales tend to slow down anyway, but I still dream of new designs every night. I still want to refresh my stock, snap new pictures, blog, tweet, facebook, list, and most importantly MAKE.
at the moment I'm dreaming of vintage glass quite a lot!!

So, for the next few weeks, while school is still on, I'm going to work my little socks off, to try to get ahead of myself. To get those ideas that are swirling around in my head, onto my bench. I can list in the evening while the kids are asleep - but I'm not going to be able to hammer metal!

And then, I'll be able to slow a bit for the summer holidays, take a bit of time out to assess, and plan out that other thing that brings panic and excitment in equal measure.... (christmas)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Beautiful earings it is looking very beautyful thanks for sharing with me.

    http://www.diamondsafe.com

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts with Thumbnails" style="border: 0" />